Have you ever seen the “We Buy Houses” yard signs while driving around Fayetteville? Are the companies that put up these signs for real or is it another “too good to be true” scenario?
Are They For Real?
So how can we determine if these companies are for real? How do we know if they are credible and honest?
Sometimes they all seem to be the same but let’s go through some of the things to look for when talking with a “We Buy Houses in Fayetteville” company.
For the most part, “We Buy Houses” companies are credible organizations that help both home sellers and the overall community in several ways. But just like any profession, there can be a few “bad apples” who make the many credible companies look bad.
May of the folks who work at “We Buy Houses” companies are great folks who truly want to help homeowners out of difficult positions while helping neighborhoods clean-up and repair abandoned houses.
But then there’s shady, dishonest folks who only care about money and have no interested in helping homeowners or the community. They will spin the truth and do not care about your specific situation or needs. It’s all about the Benjamins for those folks….
We all have seen them.
We want to assist you in avoiding these greedy business so you can work with honest, ethical, and reputable local companies who can buy your house for a fair all cash offer and close on your schedule.
So what do the best “We Buy Houses” do?
What Do the Best Fayetteville “We Buy Houses” Companies Really Do?
- Help homeowners get out of financial trouble by accessing cash they need quickly. People often need the cash in their house to cover unexpected medical expenses, or to move due to job transfer or to be close to a relative. We can make that happen in just a few days and deliver peace of mind.
- Help sellers get rid of a problem property without the hassle of having to invest money in repairs, list with a broker and wait months and month for a sale.
- Create local jobs. We hire plumbers, contractors, electricians, brokers, title reps, loan officers, administrators and many other folks along the way. The average real estate transaction involves dozens of people from start to finish. Our investments help create real jobs for Fayetteville small businesses.
- Increase the value of Fayetteville neighborhoods. When we cleanup and repair a house, we’re helping the entire community. We often repair abandoned and neglected houses, turning them into beautiful homes for families. That activity strengthens Fayetteville and eliminates a vacant house from being used for criminal activity and squatters.
- Increase the tax base. When a new buyer takes over one of our properties, they’ll pay a higher tax rate based on the new and improved value. Those taxes go to pay for Fayetteville schools, fire, police, libraries, streets and other valuable pieces of infrastructure. Again, improving our neighborhoods.
Good stuff, right?
Lots of people think of house-flipping as a get-rich-quick scheme. That’s fueled by silly “reality” shows that amp up the drama because the reality of what we do on a daily basis is actually pretty boring.
Most of our work is coordinating with lots of people to make sure things are happening on time. We have to keep track of lots of moving parts.
So let’s get back to how you can use this information to find out if someone is a credible investor, and not just pulling a house buying scam.
How To Ensure You’re Working With A Reputable Local House Buyer
When you talk with a local house buyer to potentially buy your house… ask them some of the questions below to ensure they’re reputable, knowledgeable, and honest.
Ask open-ended questions like:
- How do you help your clients?
- What do you do for people?
- Can you tell me more about your services?
- What aspect of your business makes you the proudest?
- How would you describe your investment philosophy?
- How can I know that you’ll close on my house when you say you will?
Second, look for tell tale signs of tactics that those few shady operators tend to use.
- “Kitchen table closings” – If a property buyer tries to get you to sign the deed (ownership) of your house over to them at your house, rather than a professional place like a closing attorney or title company… be leery. Most reputable house buying services will perform the actual closing of the sale at a neutral 3rd party place… like a title company. This ensures everything is done right and on the up and up.
- Pressuring you into a fast closing – If a house buyer tries to pressure you into selling your house and says that you have to make the decision today, be leery. Most reputable house buying services will make you and offer and that offer will be on the table for at least 2-7 days (minimum) for you to make a decision. The reason reputable house buying services like ours at Bright Buys Real Estate do place deadlines on our offers is because the market changes and values can change week to week depending on other sales in the area, also… we buy multiple houses a month and when we make you an offer we’re assuring you that the cash to purchase your house is ready and we’ll reserve that cash for several days so if you do want to sell your house, we can close on your schedule. If you feel the offer isn’t a fit for you, then we’ll assign those funds to help another seller with their home sale.
Most scammers are looking for a quick score, and not an in-depth interview.
Chances are good that they’ll find excuses to get off the phone and move on to someone who doesn’t ask too many questions.
True investors who run honest and ethical Fayetteville house buying services, however, are building long-term businesses based on relationships and community development.
So when you’re looking at one of the “We buy houses in Fayetteville companies“… never be afraid to ask questions!